Web Design and Development Volunteer
Position Vacancy: Web Design/ Development Volunteer
Job Based: Remote Working
Closing date for applications: Ongoing
Start date: Project Basis
Contract duration: Volunteer Position (Remote Working)
Blue Ventures is a marine conservation organisation working with local communities to conserve threatened marine environments. Our award winning conservation programmes work with some of the world's poorest coastal communities to develop conservation initiatives that protect biodiversity and safeguard coastal livelihoods.
Summary Job Description
Blue Ventures relies heavily on generous volunteer support for many aspects of our operations. We are always looking for experienced web designers and programmers who are willing to devote a small amount of time to make a big impact on our online presence. By volunteering for us you will be making an essential contribution to our important work protecting the marine environment. You will also gain invaluable hands-on experience of working with a dynamic team supporting the web and digital operations of an award winning social enterprise. We are currently seeking both temporary and long-term assistance. Volunteers can work either for a focused period for a set duration of time, or more informally for one of our many ongoing online projects.
Please email email@example.com with your current CV if you are interested in helping us or feel free to give us a call any time or come in to our London office for a chat! We’d love to talk to you further about what we are doing.
• Excellent knowledge of Joomla and/or Wordpress
• Excellent knowledge of HTML and CSS
• Ability to work remotely with your own computer/laptop
• Fluent in English
• Proven ability to manage websites using FTP/Dreamweaver etc
• Demonstrable experience of working in a web development role
• Ability to design and create images in Adobe CS - Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (for web designers)
• Experience of digital development within a charity or non-profit
• Experience in video editing and familiarity with digital media generally