Richard was so moved by his experiences as a BV volunteer in Madagascar that shortly after returning to London, he left his career in commercial broadcasting and came back to the project site as Expedition Manager for Blue Ventures.
After working for a year in Andavadoaka, Richard moved to Blue Ventures’ London headquarters as Managing Director. In that position, he is responsible for our HR and Health and Safety and Safeguarding. Richard is a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor and is a Fellow of the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (RSA).
Before joining Blue Ventures, Richard worked in sales and marketing for commercial television and radio in the UK.
- The Guardian: How to make sure your gap year boosts your future career
- Explore: Conservation Ecotourism
- Building capacity with the Belize Defence Force
- Blue Ventures winner of Outstanding Volunteer Project at Global Youth Travel Awards
- The Guardian: Using a gap year to boost your career
- BBC Radio: BV’s Richard Nimmo discusses the benefits of a structured gap year programme
- The Hindu: Holidays with a heart
- Wild Travel: Taking the Plunge