Steve joined Blue Ventures in July 2018 as Digital Manager. After many years working in web, development, design and IT, the chance to work for an organisation like Blue Ventures was an opportunity not to be missed.
As a one-time PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor, the marine environment has always been an important part of his life. Whether surfing (badly), scuba diving or just messing about on the beach with his family.
In these days of “always connected”, the digital face of any organisation is paramount and Steve very much looks forward to bringing his experience to Blue Ventures digital offerings.
In his spare time Steve is a keen musician and busy family man.
- RE:BALANCE – Restoring Oceans
- We cannot wait to solve the climate crisis
- Bottom trawling and the climate crisis: research briefing
- Putting communities first is key to an equitable and just 30×30
- Sustainable living from the sea through community-led seaweed farming
- Madagascar joins the Fisheries Transparency Initiative (FiTI)
- New Research: Community health systems strengthen local resilience in times of crisis
- A new coalition to reduce bottom trawling and rebuild coastal fisheries
- IUCN Marine News 16 – Living with 30×30
- New research: Fish for the future – benefiting future generations is key motivation for scaling of LMMAs in Madagascar
- New Research: Sea cucumber farming helps seagrass meadows flourish
- Toko telo rewind: What does best practice in community-led mangrove management look like?
- A victory for small-scale fishers and marine ecosystems: Destructive bottom trawling banned in Madagascar
- Hooked: Mangroves: frontline climate defenders
- New board members bring fresh insights and expertise
- Blue Ventures and Yayasan Pesisir Lestari: a new partnership to restore Indonesia’s seas
- Chatham House: Postcard from Madagascar: Sustaining nature’s riches
- China Dialogue: How protected are protected areas?
- TED Radio Hour: An SOS From the Ocean
- WIOMSA: Catalysing community engagement: lessons learned from the Barren Isles
- IUCN: Velondriake, Madagascar’s first LMMA
- New research: targeted fishing of invasive lionfish can support conservation and livelihoods
- Madagascar – Towards more transparent and sustainable fisheries management
- World Oceans Week event: Where are the small-scale fishers?
- Smithsonian: the community-led conservation advocate working to protect Madagascar’s coasts
- Toko telo rewind: Does community-led fisheries management work?
- New toolkit: A practitioners guide for using data in community-based marine management
- Hooked: The power of data
- Blog: Tunasonga kama ngalawa: slow but steady as we navigate the pandemic
- Blog: Dahari garde la pêche: keeping fishers’ spirits high