In this month’s edition of Hooked, we’re talking all things mangroves to celebrate the International Day for the Conservation of the Mangroves.
Mangroves are one of the most carbon-dense habitats on Earth, capable of storing five times as much carbon dioxide per hectare as typical tropical rainforest. Yet we’re cutting and destroying mangroves faster than any other forest type on Earth.
Find out about how our teams are supporting communities to protect and restore blue carbon habitats at scale. In this edition:
- Don’t miss: An exciting new partnership in Indonesia, celebrating five years of conservation action in Timor-Leste, and our upcoming webinar on locally led mangrove conservation.
- Catch of the day: Meet the guardians of blue carbon in Madagascar who are leading their communities to protect their mangrove forests.
- In our (net)work: Meet Yayasan Hutan Biru, an Indonesian NGO working to build the resilience of communities that rely on mangroves and rivers for survival.
- From the shore: Meet Cicelin Rakotomahazo, our blue forests coordinator, an inspirational driving force in mangrove conservation in southwest Madagascar.
- Find out what we’re watching and how you can join us in taking action for our ocean.
Sign up for regular updates